Chilli Cheese Bites
Delicious Chilli Cheese Bites dipped in Spur's Sweet Chilli Sauce.
200ml (3/4 cup) cake flour
10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
2ml (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper
5ml (1 tsp) Spur Chicken Spice
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
15ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
80g fresh spinach, chopped
125g feta cheese, crumbled
1 extra-large egg, beaten
100ml Spur Durky Sauce
Cooking oil for deep-frying
- Sift flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper together. Add Spur Chicken Spice and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan, add onion and sauté until soft. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Add feta.
- Add spinach and feta mixture to the dry ingredients and mix through. Combine beaten egg and Spur Durky Sauce, add to spinach mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture into hot oil and deep-fry until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel.
1. Substitute spinach with 215g canned sweet corn.
2. Substitute the feta with 250ml (1 cup) grated Cheddar Cheese.
Dip this delicious little mouthfull in our delectable Sweet Chilli Sauce.