Create a delicious chocolate cake with this recipe.
180g butter or margarine, softened
200ml (3/4 cup) sugar
2 extra-large eggs
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
310ml (1.25 cups) cake flour
15ml (1 Tbsp) baking powder
2ml (1/4 tsp) salt
60ml (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
200ml (3/4 cup) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
30ml (2 Tbsp) fresh cream
15ml (1Tbsp) butter or margarine
- Line and grease a 24cm loose-bottom round cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until light and creamy. Add essence.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together.
- Add dry ingredients, alternately with Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Turn out batter into prepared pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until baked through and skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly in pan. Turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- TOPPING: Melt the chocolate slightly. Add cream and butter and melt further over low heat until completely melted. Cool for 30 minutes before spooning over cake.
1. Add 50g chopped nuts, such as pecan to batter.
2. Whip up a delicious chocolate cake with this recipe.
Grate 50g (1/2 slab) mint crisp chocolate over icing for a delicious mint flavour.