Mac and Cheese
Delicious Mac and Cheese for the whole family!
200g chopped bacon
1 medium onion chopped OR 1 bunch spring onions finely chopped
40ml Spur Durky Sauce
200ml (1 Doy pack) Spur Cheese Sauce
10ml olive oil
Spur Seasoning Salt (or your selection of herbs and spices)
80g mozzarella cheese
20g Cheddar cheese
250g (1 tin) (Woolworths 390g box) Italian chopped tomatoes in juice
1 clove garlic chopped
Pinch of paprika
- Heat oil in pan and brown onion and garlic Add bacon and cook until tender (stirring frequently). Add chopped tomato and Durky sauce. Cook on moderate heat until reduced.
- Boil water for macaroni (add salt to taste). Add macaroni and boil until al dente. Pre-heat oven at 180°. Prepare an ovenproof dish with spray and cook OR butter.
- When macaroni is ready, combine with bacon and chopped tomato and mix through. Add a layer of cheese. Add a second layer of macaroni and top with ½ packet of Spur Cheese Sauce and spread out evenly. Add last layer and allow to settle.
- Prepare the Egg Mix. Break 1 egg into a bowl and beat. Add milk and mix through. Add paprika. Pour egg mixture over dish.
- Create small holes with a fork to allow mixture to drain into the dish. Top with grated cheese. Place into oven and bake at 180° for 20 – 30 minutes until cheese has melted and is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with crisp garden salad.
Replace the bacon with mince or spiced beef.
Let the kids help!